WHAT SETS US APART
WE PROUDLY PROVIDE QUALITY DENTAL CARE TO SANDY UTAH AND SURROUNDING AREAS
Our featured services are General Dentistry, Cosmetic Dentistry, Children's Dentistry, Dental Implants, and much more. We'll be glad to hear from you if you have any questions.
DR FLORANCE AND OKUBO MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR THE BETTER
Utah deserves it. Creek Road Dental goes the extra mile for the community by providing the staff to offer the best service possible. In addition to professionalism, Creek Road Dental also is proud to have two female dentists.
A more sensitive touch. This unique structure ensures enhanced empathy, compassion, courtesy, and gentle touch - rare to the industry. You're in good hands!
DOCTOR MITCH DUCKWORTH, DENTIST AND ANESTHESIOLOGIST IMPROVES YOUR OFFICE EXPERIENCE
No more pain. Creek Road dental goes the extra mile again with Doctor Duckworth. Both a Dentist and a Anesthesiologist he takes the fear out of dentistry and makes it a pleasant experience once again.
meet the team
DEDICATED TO YOUR DENTAL NEEDS
As a female dentist, I represent only 2% of practicing dentists here in UT, which provides a unique opportunity to my patients- an alternative to their typical dental appointment. I am gentle… VERY GENTLE, and conscientious of my patient's experience through every phase of their treatment.
Having been in practice for 15 years now, I've personally found dentistry to be fulfilling on many levels: As a healthcare provider, an artist, and a technician. Combining these attributes to restore beauty and function for a person is extremely gratifying. And hearing patients say, "Wow, I never knew dentistry could be like this!"…even better. I look forward to providing honest, compassionate care to you and your family.
I received an Ivy League education at one of the top rated dental schools in the world, The University of Pennsylvania, followed by additional advanced clinical training as a resident at the University of Southern California/Los Angeles County Hospital. During my stay at USC, I treated medically compromised patients in all phases of dentistry, in addition to treating mentally handicapped patients in an operating room setting. As a Voluntary Attending Dentist and Assistant Clinical Director at the Hospital, I enjoyed mentoring incoming Residents.
I've spent the past 12 years in private practices, providing extensive cosmetic dentistry, including everything from simple "bondings" to close spaces, to veneers and full mouth rehabilitations. I'm also able to offer Oral Conscious Sedation for those patients who would like to achieve more work with less visits, and wake up feeling like only 5 minutes have passed, with little recollection of their procedure.
More about Dr. Florance
- Volunteer at an Indian Health Reservation, and numerous community Health Fairs, treating and educating underserved populations on benefits of proper oral care.
- Assistant Director of GPR Program/Attending Dentist LAC Hospital
- General Practice Resident University of Southern Cal, LAC Hospital
- University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
- D.M.D degree. Honors, top 10% of National Board Exam.
- University of Colorado at Boulder
- Graduated Magna cum Laude with a degree in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, and a Minor in Biochemistry with Honors.
- American Dental Association, Utah Dental Association, American Association of Women Dentists.
- Member of the Law and Ethics Committee for the Dayton Dental Society.
- Enjoying time with my husband and children, snowboarding, snowshoeing, hiking, sailing.
Dentistry has been a part of my family for many generations. My love and respect for the art of dentistry began at an early age with my father as a mentor. I take pride in customizing my patient’s visits to fit their needs and providing education to help form a comprehensive oral healthcare plan. It is my goal to combine comfort with high quality care.
As a native to Sandy, Utah I am grateful for the opportunity to provide dental care in my hometown. My husband and I enjoyed the history and hospitality that Virginia had to offer during dental school, but we were eager to return to our beloved state of Utah. Fortunately, along with an abundance of recreation and beauty, Utah has one of the most highly regarded and comprehensive dental residency programs in the nation. My time with the Salt Lake Veterans Affairs Hospital enhanced both my clinical skills and ability to properly care for medically compromised individuals. I received advanced training in the field of implants and oral surgery as well as esthetics and sedation dentistry. I hope that my experience throughout the years help to make your visit both enjoyable and educational.
- Residency: General Practice, George E. Wahlen Department of Veterans Affairs, Salt Lake City, UT
- Doctor of Dental Surgery: Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Bachelor of Science: Psychology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry (Pre-Fellow)
- Utah Dental Association
- American Association of Women Dentists
- American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry
- Southeastern Academy of Prosthodontics
- Delta Sigma Delta International Dental Fraternity
- VCU Jamaica Long Pond Clinic- Dental mission trips to underserved community in Jamaica
- Mission of Mercy- Dental service mission trips to rural/underserved areas
- Sealants for Smiles- Dental service for elementary age children
- Give Kids a Smile- Preventative care and education for young children
- Special Olympics- VDA project to provide basic and preventative dental care for athletes
Honors and Recognition
- Southeastern Academy of Prosthodontics- Excellence in Prosthodontics for Outstanding Achievement and Contribution
- American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry- Award of Merit for Outstanding Achievement in the Pursuit of Excellence in the Undergraduate Study of Esthetic Dentistry
- I enjoy traveling and have been fortunate to visit 20 different countries. When we are not traveling, my husband and I enjoy anything the great outdoors has to offer: snowboarding, scuba diving, dirt biking, hiking, camping, wakeboarding and river rafting. I also have a strong crafty side and enjoy sewing, jewelry making, scrapbooking and quilting.